Dieting is Good or Bad for Us?
As 2013 has come people had made many New Year Resolutions according to what they want. My New Year Resolution is to loose some weight as I want look like Wiz Khalifa. Don’t know why but It will give a eternal happiness. Many people around the world has also made resolution of losing some weight so that they can look fit and healthy.
I know very first idea of losing weight that will come inn your mind will be dieting. Dieting word has only one meaning in people mind is to reduce intake food or eating less food. Topic of dieting is debatable as many people are talking about it that it is good some are taking that it is bad.
I will also right about this topic Dieting is good or bad for us. I am sure in the end of this article you will be able to decide whether i should do dieting or not. Research finds that 90 per cent of American high school girls are dieting, despite the fact that many are not overweight or obese. A 2001 study of female high school students by Brigham Young University researchers found that 11 per cent had used laxatives to lose weight, 15 per cent had taken appetite control pills, and nine per cent had made themselves vomit after eating.But is the act of dieting good for you? Read on for the pros and cons of dieting and let us know what you think!
First You Should Know The Proper Meaning of Dieting – Dieting” means following a specific plan in order to lose weight (instead of following a diet for health or other reasons). Starting a new diet plan can be daunting, not to mention hard to maintain. But the results can be worth it if you’re trying to be healthier and lose weight.
REASONS WHY DIETING IS GOOD FOR US?
Dieting is good or bad for us depends on the type of diet plan we are following. Popular and top-rated diets like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig ensure that we can stay healthy while on the path to losing weight (good), while crazy fad or crash diets have you restricting calories, and nutrients, to the point of starvation (bad).
1.A low-calorie diet can prolong our lives. Studies have found that following a restricted-calorie diet consistently helps people live longer and healthier lives, reduced cholesterol levels, normalized blood sugar, and a better response to stress — and may also slow the aging process.
You may also like – Best tips on How to look younger
2.It makes you pay attention to what you’re putting in your body. By understanding the building blocks of nutrition, like how much protein and fiber you should be getting, and realizing how your body responds to certain foods you can find out which things are good for your body and which are not.
3. If your are having a low calorie diet and following it properly than it will ultimately help you in losing weight which you need the most. Eating fruits, living healthy lifestyle can also helps you in losing weight.
REASONS WHY DIETING IS BAD FOR US?
Dieting have positive as well as negative effects on our health. But its totally depends upon us how we do it.a study has shown that extreme dieting may have another effect: It can raise the risk of diseases. Too much dieting, of course, can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food or other not-so-great consequences. A new study has found that dieting may lead to starvation in more ways than one; in fact, dieting may cause your brain cells to eat themselves in order to sustain energy, which may actually lead you to feel hungrier.
- Restricting your diet immediately will always have a negative effect on your health because you body is not made to set according to fast changes. It will take time for our body to adjust according to our diet. So,don’t restrict your diet immediately do it slowly.
- Dieting can cause your cells to eat themselves because if we do not eat something or eat less, our body will not be able to produce energy to meet up to minimum requirement of our body which will produce shock in your body.
- If you are always depriving yourself of your food favorites or constantly restricting cravings, a temporary diet cheat can lead to feeling discouraged, which can lead to quitting that diet.
- If you are not eating properly, you may not think, learn and concentrate properly and cant’ do your daily chores which will ultimately have a negative effect on your body. For students, this will be really bad as they will not get good grades if they will not think and learn properly.
So the answer to the topic’ dieting is good or bad for us’ is debatable and we have to accept the two sides of same coin. It totally depends upon us whether dieting is good or bad because if dieting is done properly it will show positive effects and vice-versa. My advice to all that you should do dieting according to your need and by following a proper diet plan which should be prepared after consulting with doctor. Do give suggestions what you think about it. Your suggestions are always welcomed.