You’re going to meet your special one to build a strong and healthy relationship. You’re preparing for this like two weeks ago. Now the day has come but there is one problem YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO DRESS FOR FIRST DATE. You have heard this thing many times that most relationships are built on a series of first impressions, and have also seen in the ad of SREESHANTH. So you start searching on Google and find this amazing article on HOW TO DRESS FOR A DATE. While it’s not an exact science, there are some ways you can dress to impress on a first date. While it’s not an exact science, there are some ways you can dress to impress your loved one on a first date.
You should dress for the occasion means you should dress for first date according to the place where your are going. If you are going to a five star restaurant you wear dark slacks (pants for casual wear) with a long-sleeved, button-down shirt. During colder weather, add a well-made sweater on top.
If your are going for movie, wear a nice pair of jeans and a slightly dressier shirt than you usually would. If you’re unsure, ask your date what the dress code is or what they’ll be wearing.
- Make sure whatever you wear is freshly laundered. Covering dirty clothes with anti-odor spray(deodorant) might be fine in a pinch, but the purpose of a date is being near someone and getting to know them.
- Never ever forget about shoes. If you’re dressing up formal, make sure you have a pair of black or dark brown dress shoes to go with your attire. If the date is more casual, wear a nice pair of slip-ons or clean sneakers. Fresh laces and clean sneakers can make your everyday sneakers more first date -worthy.
- Do not wear a tuxedo or suit on your first date. It is not cool you will do a big fashion blunder
WEAR THAT FLATTERS BEST ON YOU
If you are dressed in a way that suits best on you then you will feel confident on your first date.
- Pay special attention to fit. Too tight looks odd, and too baggy looks sloppy and like you don’t care about the date. If your clothing fits poorly, consider finding a local tailor or seamstress. Most will do basic alterations for a fairly low fee.
- Find colors that suits best on you. When you’re picking out a shirt, choose a shade that flatters your natural coloring. To highlight blue or green eyes, try a cool, dark color such as slate grey or navy blue. To highlight brown or hazel eyes, try a warm, light color such as maroon or off-white. If you’re worried about how your skin looks, use the color of your shirt to downplay it by avoiding bight reds or whites – these colors will draw more attention to red spots.
- Don’t hesitate to ask your friends for help even I also sometimes take help of my friend when I am going on date. If you’re going shopping, ask a friendly salesperson for assistance. Most of them love helping people choose flattering clothing, and they have plenty of practice doing it.
You may also like – Colors that help you look taller
Pay a little more attention to your hygiene than usual for a first date. Looking clean and appealing will help you feel confident, as well as making you more enticing to your date. Girls always like those boys who take proper care of their health and hygiene.
- Shower and shave directly before you get dressed. If you have facial hair, keep it trimmed and make sure the edges are neat.
- If you notice long hairs growing out of your nose, you can purchase a small, cheap trimmer at the drugstore.
- Trim your nails. Cut them almost down to the quick (where the white part stops). If your knuckles look rough, rub some lotion over them.
- Style your hair. Apply some sort of product – gel, mousse, hair clay make it look shiny and soft. Go easy, though – too much will make it look greasy. If you get a haircut before your date, schedule it for three or four days before the event so that you don’t have little hairs in your ears or on your neck.
If you don’t know how to style your hair click here
You may also like – Short spiky hairstyle for Men
FINISH UP YOUR OUTFIT
If you’re going in the evening or during cold weather, take a jacket – even if you might not need it, you can always share it with your date as a kind gesture. Grab your wallet, lip balm, mints and anything else you might need to have.