Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial 2013 | Step by Step Guide
It is considered that Eyes are the gate to the soul and that is why beautiful eyes attract us so much. Best way to enhance your eyes is the Eye Make-Up to make your eyes pop out. If I talk precisely Smokey Eye Make-up is the best way to enhance look of your eyes to make them look stylish, gorgeous and sexy. Smokey eyes have been a big style for quite a while and there’s no sign this particular trend is dying. Here I am going to show you step-by-step instructions on How to do the perfect smokey eye makeup with help of Maybelline master Smokey pencil.
Smokey eyes have always helped in creating a very glamorous, sexy and attractive look. Before one decides to do the makeup, it is best to find out the eye shape. The eye shadow needs to be applied correctly and differently for every eye shape in order to enhance or conceal different parts of the eyes. Smokey eyes look great and are a great party makeup look for formal occasions. It all depends on the colors used to create the makeup.
You can do smokey eye makeup using different colors like gray tones, plum tones, green tones, lavender tones, red tones, blue tones or different combinations like black and red black and blue. In daytime use lighter colors and in night use darker colors.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Maybelline Master Smokey Pencil
- Mascara (Good quality)
- Blending Brush
- Eye Shadow
HOW TO DO SMOKEY EYE MAKEUP
- Pick up master smokey pencil and start right at the lash line as closer you can do. It is important to get the lash line extra dark and pigmented. It should be slightly thicker at the outer corner and smooth to the inner corner.
- After completing the first step properly, now use the sponge tip on the other side of master smokey pencil and smudge on the lash line to create slightly smokey effect by blending it upwards. Do this according to lid space you have so that it does not disappears.
- Repeat the above step on below part of the eye. Spend some time blending it to create a perfect smokey eye.
- Now you have to apply eye shadow. Take a mid tone bronzer and using blending brush, apply eye shadow on the upper part of eye lid. Don’t apply it on the black part just slightly above it. You can also do it underneath with the same brush. This will soften smokey eye and give nice smokey effect.
- If you discoloration on your face, do hide them with help of True Match Concealer as it looks very bad when you do smokey eye makeup. It also cover darkness under the eyes. So use it wisely.
- Curl your eyelashes with help of Eye lash curlers and apply mascara on them. You can try false lashes for more glamorous effect.
- Apply some foundation on your face. See the video if you don’t know how to apply foundation on your face. Blend of any excess powder on your face.
- Now apply some decent amount of blush or bronzer after that.
- In the end highlight apply eye shadow on the inner portion of eye using blending brush. (Optional)
Take Help from This Video
Video Link for Mobile Users– How to do smokey eye makeup
There you go. Now you are all set to go to party or somewhere else. But do read these tips on How to do smokey eye makeup if you don’t want to make any mistake while doing eye makeup.
You may also like – Makeup Tips for New Year Party
Tips for Smokey Eye Makeup
- Keep lips nude. When applying strong makeup (like smokey eyes or red lips) put the focus on either eyes or lips, never both. If you do that you will surely look like a clown.
- Also try a blue or purple mascara. It will make blue eyes “pop.”
- Stay away from dark browns and black. Instead, go for a deep purple, a gold-brown or any of the many vibrant colors in this year.
- Always purchase good quality makeup from reputed brands.
- The key to the perfect smokey eye makeup is proper blending. You want to make sure colors are blended together flawlessly. Also, it’s important to pair light base colors with rich dark colors.
- You may also like- How to apply Eyeliner at Home